Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Our Deeds Shown To Prophet Muhammad (Sws)

• Our Deeds Shown To Prophet Muhammad (Sws)

Posted by Abdur Rahman on September 18, 2022 at 2:19 pm

As salamualaikum,

1. My question is about the hadith analysis which is as follows:

“My life is good for you, and my death is good for you, your deeds are shown to me, whatever is good I thank Allah for it, and whatever is evil I seek forgiveness from Allah.”

2. Following question’s arise here-

A. Are our all actions shown to prophet Mohammad (S.A.W) and He (S.A.W) ask for forgiveness for us?

B. Is it right to say that My Prophet (S.A.W) will be happy with this action ?

One of the scholar used this hadith and said that we should think about whether prophet will be happy or not before doing any action.

Abdur Rahman replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Our Deeds Shown To Prophet Muhammad (Sws)

Abdur Rahman updated 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Abdur Rahman

Member September 18, 2022 at 2:31 pm

Reference of hadith in my question-

Imam Bazzar, Musnad Bazzar (Maktabatul Ulum Wal Hikam: Madinah, 2009), 5:308.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 18, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Every hadith narration must be understood in the bigger context of the Quran and other narrations on the topic. I am not sure about the authenticity of this particular narration, however, please refer to the following discussion for a comprehensive understanding of the concept of shifa’at (intercession):

Discussion 10437

• Abdur Rahman

Member September 19, 2022 at 5:53 am

Appreciate your reply Faisal bhai.. but i was investigating for the aqida of hazir nazir.

People usually quote that hadith for proving that prophet is viewing all actions of his ummat

if ghamidi sir have’nt done post mortem of this hadith then I request your team to pass my query to him.

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2022 at 9:07 am

This part of the narration is weak, more details can be read here:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/296459/are-our-deeds-shown-to-the-prophet-blessings-and-peace-of-allah-be-upon-him

Even if it were to be considered reliable, among some other ahadith on the same topic, then they should be restricted to direct addressees of the Prophet Muhammad (sws). Since Quran’s verse on sending Darood on Prophet Muhammad (SwS) had a very specific context, so in that context it makes more sense that Muslims of that time were told about this arrangement to encourage them so that schemes of hyporites of medina could be countered. To know that specific context, please see:

Discussion 51672

Discussion 67726

• Abdur Rahman

Member September 21, 2022 at 11:58 am

Thanks, will surely go through the discussions

The discussion "Our Deeds Shown To Prophet Muhammad (Sws)" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now