Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Difference In Asr Time And Which Time To Follow

Tagged: ,

• Difference In Asr Time And Which Time To Follow

Posted by Zuhair on January 17, 2024 at 2:06 pm

I recently got to know that only the time of asr is different here in Canada. I have been following the hanafi timing and on google there is a difference of about 40minutes. I checked the setting and google tells according to the shafi/hanbali/maliki timing which most people follow. Ive been following the hanafi since a year and today someone told me that they have already prayed asr while I was waiting for it. So, my question is that was I wrong this entire time and please just briefly suggest which one I should follow. Thankyou

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Difference In Asr Time And Which Time To Follow

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 3 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 18, 2024 at 1:11 am

Please refer to the following discussions:

Discussion 38439

Discussion 60249

Discussion 80937

• Zuhair

Member January 19, 2024 at 2:37 pm

Thankyou I went through the discussions and you said it is subjective and based on what time you find most suitable. I was still a bit confused because there are two times and the masjid in Canada where i live follows the shafi method and ive been following the hanafi method, according to which asr is later. So is it ok if I follow the earlier/shafi one? I don’t want to think more about this so whatever you’ll suggest ill go with that

• Umer

Moderator January 20, 2024 at 12:57 am

Yes you can follow Shafi time. Common muslims follow ijtehad of scholars. So you can follow ijtehad of any scholar which you find easy to follow however you should not follow that ijtehad which you know to be wrong.

Please watch:

https://youtu.be/5UWl9yqjHqc

• Zuhair

Member January 20, 2024 at 1:11 pm

Thankyou ive started to understand this but I have another relevant question that ghamidi sb says whatever you find easier or agree with should be followed. In this case, I was just reading that the hanafi school of thought says that touching the skin of your wife doesn’t break your wudu, while shafi says that it does. I don’t agree or find the shafi opinion reasonable so with this difference in opinion, should I still follow the shafi opinions on asr time or should I stay with the hanafi one. With this being said wont it be wrong for me to follow one school of thought which is in my favour and follow the other one if it is in my favour on different issues?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 22, 2024 at 12:21 am

It is the argument that should be followed, not a particular school of thought. There is no obligation to follow a particular school of thought, rather to prefer following to a valid argument is wrong.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register