Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Muslim Non Muslim Marriage

• Muslim Non Muslim Marriage

Posted by Atteeq Shahzad on January 22, 2021 at 2:52 am

Muslims are not allowed to marry those people who believe in more than one God or mushrik.True as Quran is haq. Lekin sawal ye hai k mushrik hai kon. Meri samajh mein mushrik sirf wo hai jo Janta ho k Khuda aik hai phir bhi kisi aur ko Khuda ka darja de. Kia aisa koi insan hai iss zamaney mein. I don’t think so. So in my view any Muslim woman or man can marry anyone they like. It was applicable only in time of Muhammd Pbuh that Allah could tell us for sure through Muhammd tht who is a mushrik in real. What’s ghamdi sahb take on this

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Muslim Non Muslim Marriage

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 22, 2021 at 2:58 am

Kindly refer to these threads

Discussion 29869

Discussion 40620

Discussion 39978

• Atteeq Shahzad

Member January 22, 2021 at 3:07 am

Thanks Ahsan but these threads are not directly addressing my question.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 22, 2021 at 3:19 am

Ghamidi Sb focus on understanding of principle. Once you understand the principle then you can easily decide what is correct or not.

About your question that only Allah through Prophet Mohammad saw can tell about mushriks .
      My question to you is “Are Hindus/Mormonism/ Paganism” are monotheistic religion? Dont they have multiple gods?
      You can only be unsure about christians are they polytheist or monotheist. In this regard, in one of video posted in above links, Ghamidi sab has suggested that its better not to marry outside Islam (rephrased wordings).

• Ahsan

Moderator January 22, 2021 at 3:20 am

Kindly check this video
      https://youtu.be/ZmoukuBJyk8

• Atteeq Shahzad

Member January 22, 2021 at 5:16 am

Ahsan Bhai sawal ye hai k kiya pagans jantey hain k Khuda aik hai aur phir bhi kisi aur ki pooja krty hain

• Ahsan

Moderator January 22, 2021 at 6:04 am

What they believe is what matters.
    Getting to conclusion of 1 God is possible without Prophets.
    Kindly see Faisal Haroon response in this thread
    Discussion 30396

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 22, 2021 at 10:22 am

In a marriage you as a believer is the one who is making a choice. The point is not someone else unknowingly denying the truth. It is about you being sensitive enough about tawheed to not allow any shirk to take place in your house.

• Atteeq Shahzad

Member January 24, 2021 at 11:35 am

Actually I am instructed as a Muslim not to marry mushrakeen. And according to Ghamdi Sahb no one can determine that without holy guidance. As true mushrik are those who believe in many Gods even after knowing that there is only one God. Once we can not label someone mushrik than this ruling about not marrying mushrik become invalid.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 24, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Ghamdi Sb never said this

To understand Ghamidi Sb point of view watch this
      https://youtu.be/cUEn_HQ_gYM?t=91

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2021 at 7:21 pm

In the matter of a marriage the point is not about labeling someone as a mushrik, but having sensitivity towards shirk. It really doesn’t matter why a person believes in something. The fact is that he/she is committing an act that you as a conscious Muslim must be very sensitive about.

• Atteeq Shahzad

Member January 25, 2021 at 3:59 am

I feel I am unable to convey my angle. See Muslims are not allowed to marry mushrik. And mushrik is one who believes in more than one God after knowing that there is only one true God. People who believe in many God are of the view that all these Gods are true God so in fact they are following whatever they believe is true so in fact they are not standing in opposition to true God not they have declared themselves Gods. They are worshiping many Gods thinking that are on Haq and following dem like one should follow a true God. So in my understanding they are honest and true worshippers of God according to their true intentions. So they are not mushrik in real rather they can argue in front of God that they worshipped what they truly believed in. So Allah may accept their uzar or reason and pardon them. So when a Muslim is instructed not to marry mushrik than in fact he is prohibited to marry a true mushrik who will fully decide to oppose God after knowing the truth. All other people are not mushrik in fact so this prohibition does not apply on them. We should not consider these people mushrik as well as their true opposition to true God can not be established till they accept themselves that they are worshiping other Gods despite knowing one true God. Once they are not mushrik in true sense thus no one can apply or treat them as mushriks

• Ahsan

Moderator January 25, 2021 at 5:15 am

We understood your point.
    Kindly refer to Faisal Sb latest comment.

• Atteeq Shahzad

Member January 25, 2021 at 5:44 am

I totally agree about being sensitive as Faisal Bhai rightly pointed out. Well there are many sects within islam who understand tauheed differently like sufis believing in wahdatulwajud. Still it will be legally correct to marry them though being sensitive one might avoid marrying them. So is the case with people who are honest in believing many Gods. One being sensitive may not marry them but it won’t be illegal to marry them according to Ghamdi sahb’s understanding to true shirk or true kufr

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 25, 2021 at 9:19 am

I think that you’re intermingling two things here. Ghamidi sahab never stated that it’s okay to marry someone who honestly believes in many gods. In fact, any honest person with some ability to reason can never believe in many gods to begin with. That however is a separate topic. If you would like to discuss it further then please feel free to create a new discussion around that topic.

That said, marriage is not about simply making an affair legal. It is the single most important decision we make in our lifetimes, and it has many repercussions that outlive our own existence. In that regard, the audio note by Dr. Javad Hashmi in the following thread might be helpful:

Discussion 36128 • Reply 36151

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register