Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Consultation For Laws

• Consultation For Laws

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2021 at 11:49 am

The injunction of amra hum shura baynahum is in regards to the collective system of governance for a Muslim society.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member November 8, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Can you explain it a little please?regarding my question

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2021 at 6:35 pm

I’m not sure what explanation you’re looking for. I have already shared with you the domain of the injunction.

• ودود

Member November 8, 2021 at 5:58 pm

They can discuss anything that is in social domain. Matters in personal domains are out of scope.

They can discuss their understanding of things that are believed to be haram such photos and vote according to their own understanding. If i were to vote, i would support photos. Someone else might vote against it thinking that is haram or something.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2021 at 6:39 pm

If the elected officials require expertise in jurisprudence then they can consult the experts in those domains (representatives of each viewpoint). There’s no voting in this regard.

• ودود

Member November 8, 2021 at 7:04 pm

yes indeed. Thumbsup

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member November 9, 2021 at 2:50 pm

Like the things explicitly haram as alcohol,theft.There is no difference of opinion in it.If in the state of Muslims someone says that there should be voting on alcohol that should it be banned in our country or not? So if voting done so isn’t it a law making against Quran?

• ودود

Member November 9, 2021 at 5:32 pm

Of course, those who make such laws will be answerable to God. What’s the confusion?

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member November 10, 2021 at 12:07 am

For example our leader(PM) of a majority Muslim country is Muslim,but many people in parliament say that there should be voting on alcohol also. So would PM allow?

• ودود

Member November 10, 2021 at 12:22 am

Yes of course, why not? This is the only way to find out if people “explicitly” consider alcohol as “haram” or there are different views, exceptions or conditions. The same apply to theft or other crimes. Some might not want to punish starving poor people who have to steal food.

• Umer

Moderator November 10, 2021 at 5:51 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register