Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Islam And OCD

• Islam And OCD

Posted by Fatima Faisal on July 2, 2024 at 1:55 pm

When I was a kid I didn’t use to pay attention to urine splashes didn’t use to wash them off……one night I remember back in 2019 I had these splashes on my feet as I said I was careless….I went to bed but I had this guilt so I slept on a mattress which was beside the dressing table I adjusted my impure feet towards dressing table and they were in contact with it……then as I grew older I developed OCD…..now I think that furniture is impure and ofc my family members touch it either with wet hands or dry….then they touch phone and now I think that everything is impure in house…..plzzz help me I am developing anxiety due this increasing stress day by day

Fatima Faisal replied 2 days, 2 hours ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Islam And OCD

Fatima Faisal updated 2 days, 2 hours ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Saad

Contributor July 3, 2024 at 5:17 am

Thinking there is an impurity isn’t enough. There needs to be visible evidence of impurity before it becomes a problem. And one should really concern with it if they are going to start an ibadat like prayer in which case, act of wuzu always keep everyone purified for it.

5 year old dried off purity means nothing, it can’t be transferred and even if it does, you still need evidence before you can worry.

Also kindly see the following discussions:
    Discussion 93329
    Discussion 93800
    Discussion 91161
    Discussion 93657
    Discussion 67585

• Fatima Faisal

Member July 3, 2024 at 6:19 am

Thanks for your reply…….but can u kindly tell me that what sort of evidence I know there is no smell I can’t see anything there as it is dried up….ofc no colour…..but whenever I ask this thing to my mom she says that it is gone…..according to her the furniture got polished so it must be gone by know….but still this doesn’t sit right with me …what if someone touches the dressing table and then prays is the prayer accepted or not????

• Saad

Contributor July 3, 2024 at 6:25 am

If it is polished and cleaned. Then there is no impurity.

Even if there was impurity, anyone who is unaware of the impurity and prays after touching, their prayer will be accepted because mistakes are forgiven.

If you can’t see, touch, taste or smell anything then there is no impurity as there is no certainty.

• Fatima Faisal

Member July 3, 2024 at 6:42 am

Ok thanks…..I want to ask one more thing I have this thought that whenever this dressing table was being polished….the furniture which was polished after it might have got the impurity like the dressing table and bed

2 Also plzz tell as we usually clean the tables with wet cloth during dusting the impurity might have transferred to that cloth and that cloth was used to clean other things then they are also impure…..I am sorry I know I am thinking too much but it has become the part of life for me I can’t stop thinking…..then I think if my phone was on some impure thing then I wash my phone with soap

• Saad

Contributor July 3, 2024 at 6:47 am

Dried off impurity does not have ability to transfer.

Whatever you think is not important. You need evidence. Simple as that. If you are not certain, you must ignore your thoughts. Do not burden yourself because Allah does not want this:

Allah wants ease and not hardship for you…..(Qur’an 2:185)

And seek a psychologist for your OCD if you haven’t already.

• Fatima Faisal

Member July 3, 2024 at 6:51 am

Ok thanks

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register