Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Ambiguity In Meaning Of Some Verses Of Quran

Tagged: ,

• Ambiguity In Meaning Of Some Verses Of Quran

Posted by Umair Zafar on August 31, 2021 at 6:17 am

Assalamualaikum.I want to know that we all believe that quran is preserved book.the quran today we have is exactly like what it was revealed on prophet Muhammad s.a.w.But on the other hand we also see ambiguities in meanings of different verses.for example Ghamidi sahb interpretation of verses about inheritance (sura nisa verse 13) is very different from other scholar’s interpretations .that confusion originated ,due to some words like مما ترک، etc.why quran did not mentioned clearly ?why quran uses such word ….???

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Ambiguity In Meaning Of Some Verses Of Quran

• Fahad Nawaz

Member August 31, 2021 at 8:48 pm

Walaikumassalam Brother Zafar,

No doubt that Quran is preserved in its original Classical Arabic revelations Alhamdulillah.

To really understand why a difference exists in translations, I would request you to read few pages of book “Mizan by Ustaz Javaid Ahmad Ghamidi” in which he explains the principles “Hameed Uddin Farahi RA / Ameen Ehsan Islahi RA” taught us and what Javaid Sb himself considers while interpreting Quran into an other language. (Please find attached the snippet of Mizan relevant section in Urdu (Mubadi Tadabar Quran section 1-10) and English (Principles of understanding Quran Section 1-10). You can read this on “Javaid Ahmad Ghamidi Sb website” or you can listen to his Mizan YouTube video lectures).

Another more easier way can be that you attend a live session with Javaid Sb and ask him directly. It is more than likely he will shortly explain you an answer and then request you to read his book Mizan relevant section for more details.

I hope this will help you brother.

JazakAllah,

Fahad

• Umair Zafar

Member September 1, 2021 at 8:24 am

JazakAllah @fahad nawaz bro.

I will read those particular topics from mizan in sha Allah.

But i want to know how to attend live seasion with dr javed ahmed ghamidi sahb?it would be beneficial for me.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 1, 2021 at 1:24 pm

As soon as the date is finalized for the next Ask Ghamidi Live event, you will receive a notification. Please keep notifications on for the Ask Ghamidi app on your device.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 31, 2021 at 9:47 pm
  • Umer

Moderator September 1, 2021 at 3:38 am

Please take some time and go through the following link/videos to grasp an in-depth undertstanding as to what leads to different interpretations of a religious text and whether Quran can have multiple meanings to it verses or not:

Quran verses having Specific (Time-bound) Meanings/Applications Vs. General Meanings/Applications:

Discussion 46819 • Reply 46876

Discussion 46819 • Reply 46877

Discussion 64231 • Reply 64261

Discussion 64231 • Reply 66142

Why are there different interpretations of a religious text:

Discussion 46940 • Reply 46974

Discussion 47967 • Reply 47976

Can Quran have multiple meanings to its verses:

Discussion 71448 • Reply 71467

Discussion 37132 • Reply 37498

Discussion 71448 • Reply 71526

Differences among Sahaba at times resulting in different opinions:

Discussion 48825

Factors which result in wrong/different interpretation of a religious text:

Discussion 33016 • Reply 33090

Discussion 33016 • Reply 33092

Principles of Understanding Quran:

Discussion 55737

The discussion "Ambiguity In Meaning Of Some Verses Of Quran" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now