Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Importance Of Hadith

Tagged: , ,

• Importance Of Hadith

Posted by Ismail Akram on December 29, 2020 at 5:22 pm

I do think tawtur and ijma are strong in their own sense, but hadith is also needed in Islam. When it comes to this issue, I firstly believe that hadith in issues like this can be used to protect from bidah entering the religion. I believe religion can be changed if it was only through tawatur and ijma only. I like to refer to these 2 more as action-based matters, rather than a literal one, which is represented by the hadith. Through sociological subjects like cultural change, which is a subject of its own which talks and proves how a culture through different methods can be affected through time. Even though it is speaking about culture, I believe it also can be applied to religion because of the similarities in how both use practices and rituals. I also have a short article that can confirm the similarities between both, https://doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/9780190228613.013.166. Also, previous times also show how bidah crept into the prophets from the past, which led to changes in them. That is why even though the Quraish, Christians, and Jews all have their roots date back to Ibrahim AS, Allah (SWT) still sent another prophet to help the people because the people had gone astray. That is why I believe that Quran should be the #1 source, however in explaining the details and making sure the details don’t change throughout time. Hadith are needed to keep the structure and consistency.

Hadiths always to show a literal text on specific issue allow the professionals in this Science of hadith and fiqh to be able to keep the religious practices strong. For example, let’s say I bought some furniture from IKEA and was building it. I need the instructions manual to help, yes maybe if I was a professional I could do it on my own, but as a whole, IKEA won’t just take away instructions. The literal instructions allow me to see what is right and what is wrong in a straight and direct form. Islam is too vast and complex to take away that instruction manual. The Muhadiths have understood this complex science of hadith and have written their fiqh books and allowed users to use these instruction manuals. Even though this manual might be needed to be read by a professional like an Islamic scholar, it still allows this religion to be kept throughout time. The science of hadith has too much value and influence to just be put aside.

I just wanted to know, what are your thoughts on this issue, and your thoughts if am I putting hadith too high?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register